Collin County is a beautiful area of Texas in the northern part of the Dallas Metroplex that includes the cities of Plano, McKinney, Frisco, and Allen. If you are looking to move to the Dallas area, you should definitely take a look at Collin County homes for sale. It is one of the fastest growing counties in all of Texas, and even ranks in the top growing counties in the United States. Many people enjoy living in this area of Texas, with its beautiful natural surroundings.
Collin County has 848 square miles of land and 38 square miles of water. There are 27 towns and cities that make up the county, including a small part of Dallas. Approximately 812,226 people live in the area, with a median age of 35.3 and only 8 percent of the population over the age of 65. This young area is also heavily populated with families, as 75 percent of households are families and 78 percent are traditionally married couples. There are 21 independent school districts and two special districts. The area continues to grow, with an average of 74 new residents arriving each day back in 2011. There are plenty of Collin County homes for sale if you are looking to join the many people looking to settle in this county.
One reason people look at the Collin County homes for sale is the variety of beautiful outdoor areas. Collin County has Lake Lavon, a lake with a 21,400-acre surface area and a maximum depth of 59 feet for enjoying water sports and fishing. There are also many parks and trails, including Bratonia Park, Myers Park, Parkhill Prairie, Sister Grove Park, and Trinity Trail. There is a Farm Museum, dedicated to educating and demonstrating the rich agricultural heritage of the area. Parkhill Prairie is a 436 preserve of the prairie landscape. Sister Grove Park features 75 acres of hiking and biking trails near Lake Lavon. There are many other areas for enjoying nature, yet you are close to Dallas and its attractions.
Types of Collin County Homes for Sale
There are many different types of Collin County homes for sale. Collin County has a rich history, so you can find traditional and historical homes in the area. You can also find small houses that make the perfect starter home or much larger homes if you are looking to upgrade your family’s home. Regardless of the type of home you are looking for, you can find the perfect residence. Most people who live in the area have an average half hour commute to Dallas, and the cities of Collin County offer many business opportunities as well.
Collin County offers the serenity and peacefulness of living in the country while being right on the edge of the Dallas Metroplex. You can enjoy both country and city life through purchasing one of the Collin County homes for sale. When you look at the houses in the area using the search tool below, you will understand why it is one of the fastest growing areas in Texas and the U.S.
Search the MLS for Collin County Homes for Sale
- $21,522,560 : 0001 Main Street, Frisco0 beds, 0 bath
- $14,500,000 : 1400 Copper Point Drive, Prosper9 beds, 10.1 baths
- $7,800,000 : 9674 County Road 106, Celina3 beds, 3.2 baths
- $5,999,000 : 2104 Willow Bend Drive, Plano7 beds, 9.5 baths
- $5,499,999 : 4525 FM 2933, McKinney4 beds, 3 baths
- $5,499,999 : 4525 Fm 2933, McKinney0 beds, 0 bath
- $5,200,000 : 5 Stonebriar Way, Frisco6 beds, 8.2 baths
- $5,000,000 : 2815 S Central, Anna4 beds, 2.1 baths
- $4,999,000 : 5345 Monterey Drive, Frisco6 beds, 7.2 baths
- $4,950,000 : 5045 Royal Creek Lane, Plano6 beds, 5.4 baths
- $4,606,360 : 000 County Road 171, Celina0 beds, 0 bath
- $4,573,800 : 4500 Prairie Crossing, Prosper0 beds, 0 bath
- $4,426,500 : 3621 FM 1777, Royse City0 beds, 0 bath
- $4,143,750 : 8176 N Fm 2478 N, McKinney0 beds, 0 bath
- $3,995,715 : 0000 County Road 100, Celina0 beds, 0 bath
- $3,875,000 : 5155 Spanish Oaks, Frisco5 beds, 6.3 baths
- $3,795,000 : 6168 Beverly Drive, Frisco4 beds, 4.3 baths
- $3,750,000 : 2300 Willow Bend Drive, Plano6 beds, 8.2 baths
- $3,595,000 : 3545 Ranchero Road, Plano7 beds, 7.2 baths
- $3,499,000 : 5564 Monterey Drive, Frisco5 beds, 5.1 baths
- $3,498,760 : 152 Ac FM 545, Blue Ridge0 beds, 0 bath
- $3,423,630 : 6 Choate Parkway, Celina0 beds, 0 bath
- $3,399,000 : 5502 Monterey Drive, Frisco5 beds, 4.3 baths
- $3,199,000 : 3420 Ranchero Road, Plano6 beds, 6.2 baths
- $3,130,000 : 0 County Road 135, Celina0 beds, 0 bath
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 6/25/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.