Dallas County is the ninth most populous county in the United States, with 2,368,139 people living there as of the 2010 census. This county sits right in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, with its county seat in Dallas itself. If you are looking to move to Dallas and remain within the city, then you will want to look at the Dallas County homes for sale to find your perfect match.
Dallas County has 880 square miles of land and 29 square miles of water. As of the 2010 census, there were 854,119 housing units making an average density of 971 square miles. Out of the 807,621 households, about 35 percent had children under the age of 18, while 46 percent were married couples. The population of Dallas County is largely young, with only 5 percent of households over the age of 65. In addition to Dallas, there are 25 cities and towns that have at least a portion of their land within the county lines. You can still find Dallas County homes for sale that are outside of the major city of Dallas, giving yourself a little reprieve of the city life.
Within the large area of Dallas County, you can find parks and trails for outdoor activities. The major attractions of Dallas County are found in the city of Dallas itself. In addition to many top-notch restaurants and a thriving nightlife, there are many other attractions to keep you occupied in Dallas. You can check out the Dallas World Aquarium, with a rainforest exhibit. For art enthusiasts, there is the Dallas Art District. Nearby are both the Cowboys Stadium and Ranger Stadium for sports fans. Through living in one of the Dallas County homes for sale, you can enjoy everything that Dallas and the surrounding area has to offer.
Types of Dallas County Homes for Sale
If you are looking to buy a new home in Dallas, you can find a variety of houses. Within the city itself, there will be a variety of home types. As with any major city, you may not find much square footage and land if you choose to live in the center of the city. Alternatively, you can find homes outside of the city that feature acreage if you want to have a lot of land. Whether you are looking for a starter home for your family or a much larger sized house, you can find something to fit your budget and your family size in Dallas County. Some of the homes will be brand new, while others may have been built so long ago they are historical.
Whether you want to live in the center of the city and enjoy all it has to offer or have a home in the peaceful tranquility of the country, you can find the perfect home for your family in one of the many Dallas County homes for sale. Regardless of where you live in Dallas County, you will still be able to easily enjoy all the attractions of Dallas and the surrounding area. See what’s on offer using our search feature below.
Search the MLS for Dallas County Homes for Sale
- $48,900,000 : 10000 Hollow Way Road, Dallas10 beds, 12 full, 5 half baths
- $32,000,000 : 10711 Strait Lane, Dallas8 beds, 17 full, 5 half baths
- $27,500,000 : 8891 Jourdan Way, Dallas7 beds, 9 full, 5 half baths
- $24,500,000 : 5950 Deloache Avenue, Dallas4 beds, 6 full, 5 half baths
- $18,000,000 : 3509 Euclid Avenue, Highland Park6 beds, 8 full, 5 half baths
- $16,500,000 : 1918 Olive Street, Unit 4201, Dallas0 beds, 0 baths
- $15,900,000 : 10620 Strait Lane, Dallas5 beds, 5 full, 3 half baths
- $15,900,000 : 6700 Turtle Creek Boulevard, University Park5 beds, 6 full, 2 half baths
- $15,600,000 : 3644 Beverly Drive, Highland Park7 beds, 9 full, 1 half baths
- $14,500,000 : 4926 Deloache Avenue, Dallas7 beds, 8 full, 5 half baths
- $12,950,000 : 4800 Park Lane, Dallas5 beds, 5 full, 2 half baths
- $9,995,000 : 3601 Beverly Drive, Highland Park6 beds, 5 full, 3 half baths
- $9,995,000 : 25 Braewood Place, Dallas5 beds, 6 full, 3 half baths
- $9,790,000 : 4949 Calleja Way, Dallas6 beds, 9 full, 2 half baths
- $9,495,000 : 3900 Miramar Avenue, Highland Park6 beds, 6 full, 2 half baths
- $9,399,000 : 5969 Westgrove Circle, Dallas5 beds, 6 full, 2 half baths
- $8,999,000 : 5011 Shadywood Lane, Dallas5 beds, 5 full, 3 half baths
- $8,999,000 : 4906 Park Lane, Dallas4 beds, 5 full, 2 half baths
- $8,974,000 : 2 Abbey Woods Lane, Dallas5 beds, 5 full, 5 half baths
- $8,750,000 : 4218 Arcady Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 5 full, 3 half baths
- $8,695,000 : 3619 Crescent Avenue, Highland Park7 beds, 9 full, 3 half baths
- $8,650,000 : 5326 Edlen Drive, Dallas6 beds, 8 full, 3 half baths
- $8,600,000 : 9720 Audubon Place, Dallas6 beds, 6 full, 3 half baths
- $8,500,000 : 9820 Meadowbrook Road, Dallas6 beds, 6 full, 3 half baths
- $8,495,000 : 4441 S Versailles Avenue, Highland Park6 beds, 10 full, 2 half baths
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 4/29/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.