Whether looking for a brand new home with all the bells and whistles, a great deal on a foreclosed house or a distressed property that you can fix up infusing your own tastes and personality, Dallas has got it all. You can easily find a wide range of Dallas homes for sale that meet most requirements. Location, lot size and neighborhood amenities are some of the important features your agent can keep in mind when finding homes for you to consider.
About the City of Dallas
Located in the heart of the great State of Texas, Dallas is the ninth largest city in the U.S. with a population of 1,223,229. A bustling city in the central time zone, Dallas is situated just 300 miles from the beautiful beaches and pristine waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Just 35 miles from its sister city Fort Worth and 245 miles from Houston and the fabulous Astrodome, Dallas’ central location allows residents of the city to travel to many other great Texas locales in only a half day. The city was recently ranked number 9 on TripAdvisor’s list of Traveler’s Choice Destinations on the Rise which adds to the city’s charm making it a great place to look for Dallas homes for sale.
Sports and Weather
The average maximum temperature in Dallas is in the mid-70s while minimum temperatures are in the mid-50s and average rainfall is around 33 inches each year. Although Dallas can experience some very hot weather during the summer months, the weather is pleasant most of the year making it a perfect place for sports enthusiasts. Home of the world famous Dallas Cowboys professional football team, Texas Rangers baseball team, Dallas Mavericks basketball team and the Dallas Stars hockey team, there is something in Dallas for almost every sports fan. In addition, prospective home buyers can find lovely Dallas homes for sale on many of the city’s 200 golf courses.
Thriving Business Climate
Dallas is an excellent place to work as it is the home of 18 Fortune 500 companies including JC Penney, AT&T, Exxon Mobil and Texas Instruments. The city ranks number 3 on Forbes list of places for women to launch businesses. The city’s mix of business districts and neighborhoods makes it a wonderful place to land stable jobs and find attractive Dallas homes for sale. The central location of Dallas makes it excellent for business travelers as the city is within a 4-hour flight of most North American destinations. The city’s 2 airports, the huge Dallas Love Field and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport combine to provide 1,900 flights every day to destinations all around the world.
Prospective buyers looking at Dallas homes for sale will find that the city offers vibrant entertainment for families. A favorite of both locals and tourists is the Dallas World Aquarium with stunning exhibits. The Irving Arts Center features theaters, galleries and a 6-acre outdoor sculpture garden while the Dallas Children’s Theater is one of the top 5 in the nation. When looking for a new home, use the convenient search feature on this website. There is no place like Dallas.
Search the MLS for Dallas Homes for Sale
- $38,500,000 : 5619 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas10 beds, 12.5 baths
- $23,950,000 : 10711 Strait Lane, Dallas8 beds, 17.5 baths
- $23,000,000 : 10210 Strait Lane, Dallas6 beds, 7.4 baths
- $18,500,000 : 1925 Moser Avenue, Dallas0 beds, 0 bath
- $15,950,000 : 10647 Strait Lane, Dallas6 beds, 7.6 baths
- $14,900,000 : 4009 W Lawther Drive, Dallas5 beds, 5.3 baths
- $13,950,000 : 4926 Deloache Avenue, Dallas7 beds, 8.5 baths
- $11,550,000 : 4000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas0 beds, 0 bath
- $11,500,000 : 9006 Douglas Avenue, Dallas8 beds, 8.3 baths
- $9,995,000 : 2800 Douglas Avenue, Dallas0 beds, 0 bath
- $9,950,000 : 4800 Park Lane, Dallas5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $8,995,000 : 5139 Seneca Drive, Dallas6 beds, 6.3 baths
- $8,900,000 : 5131 Deloache Avenue, Dallas5 beds, 5.3 baths
- $8,795,000 : 4656 Meadowood Road, Dallas4 beds, 5.2 baths
- $8,499,000 : 4906 Park Lane, Dallas5 beds, 6.2 baths
- $8,250,000 : 5906 Deloache Avenue, Dallas4 beds, 6.3 baths
- $8,000,000 : 9807 Inwood Road, Dallas5 beds, 7.4 baths
- $7,999,000 : 2300 Wolf Street #17AB, Dallas3 beds, 4.1 baths
- $7,995,000 : 25 Braewood Place, Dallas5 beds, 6.3 baths
- $7,985,000 : 5400 Edlen Drive, Dallas5 beds, 7.3 baths
- $7,890,000 : 10739 Bridge Hollow Court, Dallas7 beds, 8.2 baths
- $6,999,000 : 4562 Isabella Lane, Dallas7 beds, 7.1 baths
- $6,995,000 : 4610 Catina Lane, Dallas6 beds, 7.3 baths
- $6,975,000 : 1918 N Olive Street #4202, Dallas0 beds, 0 bath
- $6,500,000 : 10227 Gaywood Road, Dallas6 beds, 7.4 baths
See all Real estate in the city of Dallas.
(all data current as of 10/19/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.