With the traffic in a large metropolitan area like Dallas, many people want to find a place to live with a high WalkScore. If you are able to walk around rather than spending all day in your car, it is better for your health and the environment. Dallas is the 30th most walkable large city within the United States, although it does not have many bike lanes and very little public transportation. However, there are many locations you can easily find in a Dallas walkable home search.
City Center District
One of the best neighborhoods for a Dallas walkable home search is in the city center district. The city center of Dallas has about 1200 residents and features the best public transportation. If you live and work in the city center of Dallas, you will not have to use your car very often, and can even get away with not owning one. You will be able to easily perform all your daily errands through walking around. You can even enjoy an active social life, with over 500 hundred restaurants, bars and coffee shops in the center.
Main Street and Government Districts
The second and third best areas for Dallas walkable home searches are the Main Street and Government Districts. Main Street has around 1200 residents, while Government only has about 800. Like the city center, they both have excellent public transportation and you can even find decent biking in the area. In these neighborhoods, you can also do most of your daily errands and find very good restaurants and bars in the areas. Farmers Market District and Oak Lawn are not as great as the City Center, Main Street and Government Districts, but they still feature a pretty high Walk Score for the city areas.
The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is a major area featuring more than just the city of Dallas. If you work in this area, then your Dallas Walkable home search may have different criteria than the above areas. Where you work will be a major feature in where you live, if you do not want to have to drive far. You will also want to look in the neighborhood to see where the local grocery store is, fitness studios or gyms, restaurants and bars, movie theaters, and anything else you will regularly use. With this focus in mind, you can easily find somewhere in Dallas that will be perfect without you having to be stuck in traffic all day, commuting back and forth from work.
As gas prices rise and commuting hours become longer, many people are choosing to choose their homes closer to where they work and play so that they do not have to spend all day in their cars. Through doing a Dallas walkable home search, you can find the perfect home that also will let you spend less time in the car and more time outside, walking from place to place. It is much healthier for you, will save you time, and will benefit the environment.
Search the MLS for Walkable Homes in Dallas, TX
- Lot Size9,408 sqftHome Size1,641 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size6,011 sqftHome Size1,034 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths1 bath
- Lot SizeN/AHome Size1,878 sq ftBeds2 bedsBaths2.1 baths
- Lot Size3.51 acHome Size2,339 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths3 baths
- Lot Size15,986 sqftHome Size3,264 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths4 baths
- Lot Size6,969 sqftHome Size2,212 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size3,528 sqftHome Size2,268 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths3.1 baths
- Lot SizeN/AHome Size1,037 sq ftBeds2 bedsBaths2.1 baths
- Lot Size7,927 sqftHome Size1,330 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size10,018 sqftHome Size1,024 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths1 bath
- Lot SizeN/AHome Size1,200 sq ftBeds2 bedsBaths2.1 baths
- Lot Size16,117 sqftHome Size1,594 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size8,668 sqftHome Size1,678 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size4,617 sqftHome Size2,042 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size6,969 sqftHome Size1,073 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size7,230 sqftHome Size1,456 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size11,325 sqftHome Size2,405 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths2.1 baths
- Lot Size8.81 acHome Size774 sq ftBeds1 bedBaths1 bath
- Lot Size17,424 sqftHome Size1,145 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size7,013 sqftHome SizeN/ABeds2 bedsBathsN/A
- Lot Size8,363 sqftHome SizeN/ABeds4 bedsBathsN/A
- Lot Size2.21 acHome Size1,120 sq ftBeds1 bedBaths1 bath
- Lot Size6.93 acHome Size891 sq ftBeds2 bedsBaths1 bath
- Lot SizeN/AHome Size2,969 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths3 baths
- Lot Size10,105 sqftHome Size1,505 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 12/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.