With the traffic in a large metropolitan area like Dallas, many people want to find a place to live with a high WalkScore. If you are able to walk around rather than spending all day in your car, it is better for your health and the environment. Dallas is the 30th most walkable large city within the United States, although it does not have many bike lanes and very little public transportation. However, there are many locations you can easily find in a Dallas walkable home search.
City Center District
One of the best neighborhoods for a Dallas walkable home search is in the city center district. The city center of Dallas has about 1200 residents and features the best public transportation. If you live and work in the city center of Dallas, you will not have to use your car very often, and can even get away with not owning one. You will be able to easily perform all your daily errands through walking around. You can even enjoy an active social life, with over 500 hundred restaurants, bars and coffee shops in the center.
Main Street and Government Districts
The second and third best areas for Dallas walkable home searches are the Main Street and Government Districts. Main Street has around 1200 residents, while Government only has about 800. Like the city center, they both have excellent public transportation and you can even find decent biking in the area. In these neighborhoods, you can also do most of your daily errands and find very good restaurants and bars in the areas. Farmers Market District and Oak Lawn are not as great as the City Center, Main Street and Government Districts, but they still feature a pretty high Walk Score for the city areas.
The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is a major area featuring more than just the city of Dallas. If you work in this area, then your Dallas Walkable home search may have different criteria than the above areas. Where you work will be a major feature in where you live, if you do not want to have to drive far. You will also want to look in the neighborhood to see where the local grocery store is, fitness studios or gyms, restaurants and bars, movie theaters, and anything else you will regularly use. With this focus in mind, you can easily find somewhere in Dallas that will be perfect without you having to be stuck in traffic all day, commuting back and forth from work.
As gas prices rise and commuting hours become longer, many people are choosing to choose their homes closer to where they work and play so that they do not have to spend all day in their cars. Through doing a Dallas walkable home search, you can find the perfect home that also will let you spend less time in the car and more time outside, walking from place to place. It is much healthier for you, will save you time, and will benefit the environment.
Search the MLS for Walkable Homes in Dallas, TX
- $119,900 : 3420 Hidalgo Drive #110, Dallas2 beds, 2.1 baths
- $208,320 : 2234 Cheryl Lane, Dallas3 beds, 2 baths
- $439,750 : 10883 Carissa Drive, Dallas4 beds, 2.1 baths
- $275,000 : 1918 Lakeland Drive, Dallas3 beds, 2 baths
- $950,000 : 9619 Hilldale Drive, Dallas5 beds, 5 baths
- $160,000 : 6622 Jadaglen Drive, Dallas3 beds, 2 baths
- $449,000 : 18747 Rembrandt Terrace, Dallas5 beds, 4.1 baths
- $60,000 : 3923 Coolidge Street, Dallas4 beds, 2 baths
- $165,000 : 5127 Clubview Drive, Dallas3 beds, 2 baths
- $1,249,000 : 3510 Turtle Creek Boulevard #5D, Dallas2 beds, 3.1 baths
- $259,900 : 4147 Newton Avenue #B, Dallas2 beds, 2.1 baths
- $265,000 : 19036 Bilbrook Lane, Dallas3 beds, 2 baths
- $396,000 : 12484 Abrams Road #1605, Dallas2 beds, 0 bath
- $198,000 : 12484 Abrams Road, Dallas2 beds, 0 bath
- $450,000 : 9414 Creel Creek Drive, Dallas4 beds, 2.1 baths
- $300,000 : 12506 Whispering Hills Drive, Dallas3 beds, 2 baths
- $309,000 : 5803 Hudson Street #3, Dallas2 beds, 2 baths
- $1,199,000 : 5839 Meadowcrest Drive, Dallas4 beds, 4 baths
- $209,000 : 4749 Bradford Drive #B, Dallas2 beds, 1 bath
- $99,000 : 12484 Abrams Road #1610, Dallas2 beds, 2 baths
- $179,900 : 2215 Langdon Avenue, Dallas3 beds, 1 bath
- $2,195,000 : 6315 Lavendale Avenue, Dallas5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $597,080 : 7902 LaPorte Place, Dallas3 beds, 3.1 baths
- $75,500 : MLS # 13917790 in Dallas2 beds, 2 baths
- $598,000 : 7908 LaPorte Place, Dallas3 beds, 3.1 baths
See all Real estate in the city of Dallas.
(all data current as of 8/21/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.