Some of the most beautiful real estate in the country can be found among the Highland Park homes for sale. The small upscale community located 3 miles north of Dallas has a population of 8,819. The median household income for residents of the community is $211,862 and the median house or condo value is $966,745. Incorporated in 1913, the 2.26 square mile town has been celebrating its centennial all year.
Home to a number of celebrities and many successful entrepreneurs, the town was named Highland Park due to its high elevation and the fact that 20% of the developed land has been reserved for park space. Conveniently situated 2 miles from Love Field Airport and 30 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the community is an ideal place for traveling business people to look for Highland Park homes for sale.
Low Taxes, Top Services
The State of Texas has no income tax; therefore residents pay only federal income tax. Instead of a state tax, Texas generates revenue through a state sales tax as well as excise taxes on the sale of certain goods. Highland Park has one of the lowest property tax rates in the state, but one of the nation’s best school systems. Highland Park High School was recently named the top comprehensive high school in the State of Texas by Newsweek magazine. The school was also ranked number 31 in the U.S. by Newsweek. In addition, the response time for an ambulance, fire truck or police car is consistently under 3 minutes making this an attractive area to search out Highland Park homes for sale.
A Community Steeped in Tradition
An age old Christmas tradition in Highland Park is the annual lighting of The Big Pecan Tree. Set every year for the first Thursday in December, the entire community turns out for the event. The 140-year-old tree is 75 feet wide and 75 feet tall. Situated at the corner of Preston Road and Armstrong Parkway, it is a community treasure whether it is lit at Christmas or standing majestically the rest of the year.
The Country Club Life
Along with being the location of some exquisite Highland Park homes for sale, the community of mansions and manicured yards is home to the 117-year-old Dallas Country Club. Founded in 1896, the club is situated between the prestigious Beverly Drive and Mockingbird Lane on 117.5 beautiful acres that feature breathtaking views of both Turtle Creek and the historic Dallas, Texas skyline.
One of the great historic sites in the community is the McKinney Avenue Transit Authority. Individuals and families looking at Highland Park homes for sale can take any of the five trolleys around the community and into Dallas. The trolley system passes by restaurants, shops and other entertainment establishments along its 3.9 mile route. Visitors can walk from trolley stops to the West Village Retail District, the Hard Rock Café, the Dallas Museum of Art and the Dallas Theater Center.
The Nasher Sculpture Center is one of the charms of the Highland Park community. With over 300 modern sculptures and other 20th century paintings on display, the center features a unique roofless indoor space as well as a beautiful outdoor area in the Dallas Arts District. Prospective homeowners can use the convenient search feature on this website to find beautiful homes for sale in Highland Park.
Search the MLS for Highland Park Homes for Sale
- $18,000,000 : 4009 Armstrong Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $13,950,000 : 3617 Crescent Avenue, Highland Park4 beds, 5.3 baths
- $12,995,000 : 3800 Beverly Drive, Highland Park4 beds, 5.3 baths
- $11,950,000 : 3508 Crescent Avenue, Highland Park4 beds, 5.4 baths
- $10,950,000 : 3821 Beverly Drive, Highland Park7 beds, 6.2 baths
- $10,500,000 : 4400 Belfort Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $9,975,000 : 3516 Lexington Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 5.3 baths
- $9,295,000 : 3608 Lexington Avenue, Highland Park7 beds, 8.1 baths
- $8,495,000 : 3900 Miramar Avenue, Highland Park6 beds, 6.2 baths
- $7,900,000 : 3868 Potomac Avenue, Highland Park4 beds, 4.1 baths
- $7,500,000 : 4441 S Versailles Avenue, Highland Park6 beds, 10.2 baths
- $6,500,000 : 4430 Bordeaux Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 5.1 baths
- $6,495,000 : 4808 Lakeside Drive, Highland Park3 beds, 3.2 baths
- $5,850,000 : 4415 Lorraine Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 5.1 baths
- $5,795,000 : 4401 Lorraine Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 4.1 baths
- $5,695,000 : 4420 Bordeaux Avenue, Highland Park6 beds, 6.2 baths
- $5,600,000 : 4416 Beverly Drive, Highland Park5 beds, 7.3 baths
- $5,500,000 : 4301 Bordeaux Avenue, Highland Park4 beds, 4.3 baths
- $5,499,000 : 4428 Lorraine Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 5.1 baths
- $5,495,000 : 3812 Beverly Drive, Highland Park3 beds, 3.1 baths
- $5,250,000 : 3821 Shenandoah Street, Highland Park5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $5,200,000 : 3816 Miramar Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 3.3 baths
- $4,999,999 : 3508 Armstrong Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 7.2 baths
- $4,995,000 : 4209 Lorraine Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 4.3 baths
- $4,985,000 : 4430 Arcady Avenue, Highland Park5 beds, 6.3 baths
See all Real estate in the city of Highland Park.
(all data current as of 4/21/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.