Located only 20 miles from the thriving metropolis of Dallas in north central Texas is the beautiful city of Plano with a population of just under 300,000. For families who are looking for a smaller Texas town with easy access to a large city, this is the perfect place to search out Plano homes for sale. You can find everything from new homes in tip-top condition to reasonably priced distressed or foreclosed homes that you can revitalize infusing your own tastes.
Perfect Place for a Starter Home
The median home or condo price in Plano is between $200,000 and $250,000 while the median income is between $80,000 and $90,000 making this a great place to find Plano homes for sale for newlyweds and other young people just starting out. Known as the Gymnastics Capital of the World and the Hot Air Balloon Capital of Texas, Plano is an exciting town for young singles and new families. The Plano Independent School District includes 71 schools serving over 55,000 students in grades kindergarten through 12th and the school system employs 7,000 people. Plano schools are some of the best in Texas and rank among the highest in the U.S. in test scores making this an excellent town to raise children.
Thriving Job Market
Plano is home to a variety of corporate headquarters including Dell Services, Cinemark Theatres, HP Enterprise Services, Frito-Lay, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Pizza Hut, Alliance Data, Siemens PLM Software and Rent-A-Center. Individuals and families who want to live close to their employers will find this an excellent spot to look for Plano homes for sale. Even those who work in Dallas can find affordable housing in Plano and have a short commute to Dallas for work either by car or through the use of DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) which has a downtown Plano station.
A Great Place to Live and Grow
Over the last decade Plano has been designated the best place to live in the Western U.S. by CNN Money magazine as well as the safest American city with a population over 250,000 by Forbes magazine. Along with University Park and Highland Park, Plano has been named by Forbes as the 3 best suburbs to live well in Dallas. Prospective property owners should look at Plano homes for sale when settling in the Dallas area. The city has a great deal to offer in terms of comfort, safety and proximity to good jobs. In addition, it is home to the annual Plano Balloon Festival and the Plano International Festival making it a wonderful place to introduce culture to children.
Individuals and families can use the convenient search feature on this website to view Plano homes for sale. Residents enjoy the lovely amenities the city has to offer like the ArtCentre featuring original works by local artists and the historic district with its busy farmer’s market. The Interurban Railway Museum is located at Haggard Park and includes a playground and picnic area, and nothing beats Arbor Hills Nature Preserve for hiking and enjoying the beauty of Plano.
Search the MLS for Plano Homes for Sale
- $6,999,000 : 6413 Old Gate Road, Plano7 beds, 9 full, 2 half baths
- $6,999,000 : 3620 Ranchero Road, Plano6 beds, 7 full, 4 half baths
- $6,399,000 : 3660 Ranchero Road, Plano6 beds, 7 full, 2 half baths
- $4,750,000 : 5045 Royal Creek Lane, Plano6 beds, 5 full, 4 half baths
- $3,995,000 : 5601 Banister Court, Plano5 beds, 7 full, 1 half baths
- $2,995,000 : 3425 Ranchero Road, Plano6 beds, 5 full, 1 half baths
- $2,495,000 : 5716 ARCADY, Plano5 beds, 5 full, 3 half baths
- $2,495,000 : 6524 Old Gate Road, Plano5 beds, 6 full, 2 half baths
- $2,450,000 : 6821 Mulhouse Court, Plano5 beds, 5 full, 1 half baths
- $2,430,000 : 6809 Lemans Court, Plano5 beds, 5 full, 3 half baths
- $2,400,000 : 3500 Ranchero Road, Plano4 beds, 6 full baths
- $2,395,000 : 5600 Plantation Circle, Plano6 beds, 6 full, 1 half baths
- $2,295,000 : 6820 Amaretto Court, Plano5 beds, 5 full, 2 half baths
- $2,228,000 : 5505 Hamptondale Road, Plano6 beds, 6 full, 1 half baths
- $2,150,000 : 6612 Old Gate Road, Plano5 beds, 6 full, 1 half baths
- $1,999,999 : 5701 Arcady Place, Plano4 beds, 4 full, 1 half baths
- $1,985,000 : 3330 San Gabriel Drive, Plano3 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
- $1,850,000 : 3704 Shantara Lane, Plano5 beds, 5 full, 1 half baths
- $1,750,000 : 3608 SHANTARA Lane, Plano5 beds, 4 full, 2 half baths
- $1,500,000 : 1809 CLIFFVIEW Drive, Plano6 beds, 5 full, 2 half baths
- $1,495,000 : 1708 Riviera Drive, Plano6 beds, 6 full, 2 half baths
- $1,475,000 : 3500 CEDAR FALLS Lane, Plano5 beds, 5 full, 2 half baths
- $1,439,900 : 5701 WOODMONT Court, Plano5 beds, 4 full, 2 half baths
- $1,399,000 : 5713 NORTHBROOK Drive, Plano4 beds, 4 full, 1 half baths
- $1,395,000 : 5000 CASTLE CREEK Court, Plano4 beds, 3 full, 3 half baths
See all Real estate in the city of Plano.
(all data current as of 4/29/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.