Located only 20 miles from the thriving metropolis of Dallas in north central Texas is the beautiful city of Plano with a population of just under 300,000. For families who are looking for a smaller Texas town with easy access to a large city, this is the perfect place to search out Plano homes for sale. You can find everything from new homes in tip-top condition to reasonably priced distressed or foreclosed homes that you can revitalize infusing your own tastes.
Perfect Place for a Starter Home
The median home or condo price in Plano is between $200,000 and $250,000 while the median income is between $80,000 and $90,000 making this a great place to find Plano homes for sale for newlyweds and other young people just starting out. Known as the Gymnastics Capital of the World and the Hot Air Balloon Capital of Texas, Plano is an exciting town for young singles and new families. The Plano Independent School District includes 71 schools serving over 55,000 students in grades kindergarten through 12th and the school system employs 7,000 people. Plano schools are some of the best in Texas and rank among the highest in the U.S. in test scores making this an excellent town to raise children.
Thriving Job Market
Plano is home to a variety of corporate headquarters including Dell Services, Cinemark Theatres, HP Enterprise Services, Frito-Lay, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Pizza Hut, Alliance Data, Siemens PLM Software and Rent-A-Center. Individuals and families who want to live close to their employers will find this an excellent spot to look for Plano homes for sale. Even those who work in Dallas can find affordable housing in Plano and have a short commute to Dallas for work either by car or through the use of DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) which has a downtown Plano station.
A Great Place to Live and Grow
Over the last decade Plano has been designated the best place to live in the Western U.S. by CNN Money magazine as well as the safest American city with a population over 250,000 by Forbes magazine. Along with University Park and Highland Park, Plano has been named by Forbes as the 3 best suburbs to live well in Dallas. Prospective property owners should look at Plano homes for sale when settling in the Dallas area. The city has a great deal to offer in terms of comfort, safety and proximity to good jobs. In addition, it is home to the annual Plano Balloon Festival and the Plano International Festival making it a wonderful place to introduce culture to children.
Individuals and families can use the convenient search feature on this website to view Plano homes for sale. Residents enjoy the lovely amenities the city has to offer like the ArtCentre featuring original works by local artists and the historic district with its busy farmer’s market. The Interurban Railway Museum is located at Haggard Park and includes a playground and picnic area, and nothing beats Arbor Hills Nature Preserve for hiking and enjoying the beauty of Plano.
Search the MLS for Plano Homes for Sale
- $5,999,000 : 2104 Willow Bend Drive, Plano7 beds, 9.5 baths
- $4,950,000 : 5045 Royal Creek Lane, Plano6 beds, 5.4 baths
- $4,795,000 : 6413 Old Gate Road, Plano7 beds, 9.2 baths
- $3,750,000 : 2300 Willow Bend Drive, Plano6 beds, 8.2 baths
- $3,595,000 : 3545 Ranchero Road, Plano7 beds, 7.2 baths
- $3,199,000 : 3420 Ranchero Road, Plano6 beds, 6.2 baths
- $2,997,000 : 5609 Willow Bend Court, Plano6 beds, 9.2 baths
- $2,995,000 : 3525 RANCHERO Road, Plano6 beds, 4.2 baths
- $2,990,000 : 5608 Preakness Lane, Plano6 beds, 7.2 baths
- $2,800,000 : 3425 Ranchero Road, Plano6 beds, 5.1 baths
- $2,750,000 : 5700 Imperial Court, Plano5 beds, 6.3 baths
- $2,650,000 : 6432 Sudbury Road, Plano6 beds, 6.2 baths
- $2,500,000 : 3513 Twin Lakes Way, Plano5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $2,499,500 : 5608 Cradlerock Circle, Plano7 beds, 7.2 baths
- $2,450,000 : 6808 DuPont Drive, Plano4 beds, 4.1 baths
- $2,400,000 : 3500 Ranchero Road, Plano4 beds, 6 baths
- $2,399,900 : 5716 Seville Court, Plano7 beds, 6.3 baths
- $2,350,000 : 3529 Twin Lakes Way, Plano5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $2,250,000 : 5805 Golden Leaf Court, Plano4 beds, 5.2 baths
- $2,175,000 : 6824 Mulhouse Court, Plano4 beds, 4.3 baths
- $2,175,000 : 6813 Mulhouse Court, Plano4 beds, 4.2 baths
- $2,150,000 : 6520 Old Gate Road, Plano5 beds, 5.1 baths
- $2,150,000 : 6612 Old Gate Road, Plano5 beds, 6.1 baths
- $2,100,000 : 6524 Old Gate Road, Plano5 beds, 6.2 baths
- $1,985,000 : 3330 San Gabriel Drive, Plano3 beds, 3.1 baths
See all Real estate in the city of Plano.
(all data current as of 6/25/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.