Located only 20 miles from the thriving metropolis of Dallas in north central Texas is the beautiful city of Plano with a population of just under 300,000. For families who are looking for a smaller Texas town with easy access to a large city, this is the perfect place to search out Plano homes for sale. You can find everything from new homes in tip-top condition to reasonably priced distressed or foreclosed homes that you can revitalize infusing your own tastes.
Perfect Place for a Starter Home
The median home or condo price in Plano is between $200,000 and $250,000 while the median income is between $80,000 and $90,000 making this a great place to find Plano homes for sale for newlyweds and other young people just starting out. Known as the Gymnastics Capital of the World and the Hot Air Balloon Capital of Texas, Plano is an exciting town for young singles and new families. The Plano Independent School District includes 71 schools serving over 55,000 students in grades kindergarten through 12th and the school system employs 7,000 people. Plano schools are some of the best in Texas and rank among the highest in the U.S. in test scores making this an excellent town to raise children.
Thriving Job Market
Plano is home to a variety of corporate headquarters including Dell Services, Cinemark Theatres, HP Enterprise Services, Frito-Lay, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Pizza Hut, Alliance Data, Siemens PLM Software and Rent-A-Center. Individuals and families who want to live close to their employers will find this an excellent spot to look for Plano homes for sale. Even those who work in Dallas can find affordable housing in Plano and have a short commute to Dallas for work either by car or through the use of DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) which has a downtown Plano station.
A Great Place to Live and Grow
Over the last decade Plano has been designated the best place to live in the Western U.S. by CNN Money magazine as well as the safest American city with a population over 250,000 by Forbes magazine. Along with University Park and Highland Park, Plano has been named by Forbes as the 3 best suburbs to live well in Dallas. Prospective property owners should look at Plano homes for sale when settling in the Dallas area. The city has a great deal to offer in terms of comfort, safety and proximity to good jobs. In addition, it is home to the annual Plano Balloon Festival and the Plano International Festival making it a wonderful place to introduce culture to children.
Individuals and families can use the convenient search feature on this website to view Plano homes for sale. Residents enjoy the lovely amenities the city has to offer like the ArtCentre featuring original works by local artists and the historic district with its busy farmer’s market. The Interurban Railway Museum is located at Haggard Park and includes a playground and picnic area, and nothing beats Arbor Hills Nature Preserve for hiking and enjoying the beauty of Plano.
Search the MLS for Plano Homes for Sale
- Lot Size3.08 acHome Size14,702 sq ftBeds7 bedsBaths9.5 baths
- Lot Size25,700 sqftHome Size13,406 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths5.4 baths
- Lot Size1.22 acHome Size10,053 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size1.49 acHome Size10,256 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths7.2 baths
- Lot Size2.19 acHome Size8,641 sq ftBeds7 bedsBaths7.2 baths
- Lot Size1.78 acHome Size10,055 sq ftBeds7 bedsBaths7.1 baths
- Lot Size4.62 acHome Size10,281 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size1.51 acHome Size11,108 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths9.2 baths
- Lot Size1.50 acHome Size9,191 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths7.2 baths
- Lot Size4.49 acHome Size6,352 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size2.60 acHome Size7,450 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths6 baths
- Lot Size17,859 sqftHome Size6,725 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size20,429 sqftHome Size5,981 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths4.1 baths
- Lot Size16,639 sqftHome Size5,992 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths4.3 baths
- Lot Size30,491 sqftHome Size7,007 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size27,442 sqftHome Size8,460 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size35,152 sqftHome Size7,796 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size32,408 sqftHome Size9,100 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths6.1 baths
- Lot Size11.50 acHome Size5,954 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths3.1 baths
- Lot Size21,780 sqftHome Size7,390 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size15,681 sqftHome Size7,202 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size10,454 sqftHome Size6,391 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths4.2 baths
- Lot Size2.90 acHome Size5,600 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size18,295 sqftHome Size8,113 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size33,497 sqftHome Size6,496 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths4.2 baths
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 12/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.