Tarrant County, part of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, is a largely urban county with the city of Fort Worth as its county seat. It is one of the fastest growing counties in Texas and has a population of around 1.8 million people. If you are looking to move to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you should look at the Tarrant County homes for sale. With a large variety of both urban and country dwellings, you are bound to find your new home.
Important Facts about Tarrant County
Tarrant County was founded in 1849 from the Peters Colony and was named after General Edward H. Tarrant of the Republic of Texas Militia. It is the third most populous county in Texas, and the sixteenth in the United States. Not only does it feature Fort Worth, but it also is home to Arlington, the fiftieth largest city in the U.S. Tarrant County is largely comprised of young people, with 36 percent of households having children under the age of 18 and 52 percent married couples. Cattle, agriculture, aerospace and defense contractors are major industries in Tarrant County. It shares the credit with Dallas County of being home to one of the major airports in the U.S., Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.
Attractions and Entertainment
When you choose to buy one of the Tarrant County homes for sale, you are getting a home in an area rich with attractions and entertainment. Tarrant County is home to an internationally recognized Cultural District. It also features numerous delicious restaurants and an entertaining nightlife. Arlington is home to Rangers Stadium, offering enjoyment for sports enthusiasts. It is also home to the original Six Flags over Texas. You can also enjoy taking your family to the Fort Worth Zoo. Living in one of the Tarrant County homes for sale, you can enjoy the benefits of living in a large metropolitan area, while having the gorgeous Texas countryside nearby.
Tarrant County Homes for Sale
Although a large part of Tarrant County is made up of urban areas, you can also find homes in the country within the boundaries of the large county. Whether you are looking for a starter home for your family or a million dollar mansion, you can find exactly what you want from one of the many Tarrant County homes for sale. Like any large, urban area, if you choose a house within the city, you will most likely have less square footage and yard. However, it is not far from the city that you can begin to find suburban and even rural homes that are still within Tarrant County and so close to the city that you can still enjoy all its benefits.
The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex offers a wonderful location to live. Areas like Tarrant County offer options both within the active, busy city and in the serene countryside of the Texas plains. Through looking at several of the available options using our search tool below, you can find the perfect abode for your next home.
Search the MLS for Tarrant County Homes for Sale
- Lot Size4.83 acHome Size16,477 sq ftBeds8 bedsBaths10.3 baths
- Lot Size1.88 acHome Size15,390 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths7.3 baths
- Lot Size2.20 acHome Size11,531 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.4 baths
- Lot Size1.91 acHome Size16,238 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths7.2 baths
- Lot Size1.49 acHome Size11,725 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size12.50 acHome Size11,563 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths7.2 baths
- Lot Size2.12 acHome Size24,093 sq ftBeds7 bedsBaths15.1 baths
- Lot Size1.55 acHome Size8,967 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths3.3 baths
- Lot Size3.50 acHome Size9,100 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.3 baths
- Lot Size2.40 acHome Size12,268 sq ftBeds7 bedsBaths8.2 baths
- Lot Size1.50 acHome Size10,020 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5.4 baths
- Lot Size2.61 acHome Size22,093 sq ftBeds7 bedsBaths9.4 baths
- Lot Size10.00 acHome SizeN/ABedsN/ABathsN/A
- Lot Size2.76 acHome Size12,381 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.3 baths
- Lot Size1.30 acHome Size10,977 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths4.1 baths
- Lot Size30,491 sqftHome Size9,103 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths7.2 baths
- Lot Size40,946 sqftHome Size7,782 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths3.3 baths
- Lot Size2.00 acHome Size9,998 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths7.2 baths
- Lot Size2.80 acHome Size3,901 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths3.1 baths
- Lot Size2.77 acHome Size12,000 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths5.3 baths
- Lot Size2.17 acHome SizeN/ABeds2 bedsBathsN/A
- Lot Size41,599 sqftHome Size7,870 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.3 baths
- Lot Size12.00 acHome Size11,232 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths8.1 baths
- Lot Size17.35 acHome SizeN/ABedsN/ABathsN/A
- Lot Size1.20 acHome Size8,120 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 12/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.