Tarrant County, part of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, is a largely urban county with the city of Fort Worth as its county seat. It is one of the fastest growing counties in Texas and has a population of around 1.8 million people. If you are looking to move to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you should look at the Tarrant County homes for sale. With a large variety of both urban and country dwellings, you are bound to find your new home.
Important Facts about Tarrant County
Tarrant County was founded in 1849 from the Peters Colony and was named after General Edward H. Tarrant of the Republic of Texas Militia. It is the third most populous county in Texas, and the sixteenth in the United States. Not only does it feature Fort Worth, but it also is home to Arlington, the fiftieth largest city in the U.S. Tarrant County is largely comprised of young people, with 36 percent of households having children under the age of 18 and 52 percent married couples. Cattle, agriculture, aerospace and defense contractors are major industries in Tarrant County. It shares the credit with Dallas County of being home to one of the major airports in the U.S., Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.
Attractions and Entertainment
When you choose to buy one of the Tarrant County homes for sale, you are getting a home in an area rich with attractions and entertainment. Tarrant County is home to an internationally recognized Cultural District. It also features numerous delicious restaurants and an entertaining nightlife. Arlington is home to Rangers Stadium, offering enjoyment for sports enthusiasts. It is also home to the original Six Flags over Texas. You can also enjoy taking your family to the Fort Worth Zoo. Living in one of the Tarrant County homes for sale, you can enjoy the benefits of living in a large metropolitan area, while having the gorgeous Texas countryside nearby.
Tarrant County Homes for Sale
Although a large part of Tarrant County is made up of urban areas, you can also find homes in the country within the boundaries of the large county. Whether you are looking for a starter home for your family or a million dollar mansion, you can find exactly what you want from one of the many Tarrant County homes for sale. Like any large, urban area, if you choose a house within the city, you will most likely have less square footage and yard. However, it is not far from the city that you can begin to find suburban and even rural homes that are still within Tarrant County and so close to the city that you can still enjoy all its benefits.
The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex offers a wonderful location to live. Areas like Tarrant County offer options both within the active, busy city and in the serene countryside of the Texas plains. Through looking at several of the available options using our search tool below, you can find the perfect abode for your next home.
Search the MLS for Tarrant County Homes for Sale
- $19,850,000 : 1312 John McCain Road, Colleyville5 beds, 5.1 baths
- $9,900,000 : 2251 King Fisher Drive, Westlake5 beds, 6.2 baths
- $9,500,000 : 5513 Montclair Drive, Colleyville6 beds, 6.4 baths
- $7,950,000 : MLS # 13649039 in Fort Worth6 beds, 6.2 baths
- $7,000,000 : 9553 Bella Terra Drive, Fort Worth6 beds, 8.1 baths
- $6,750,000 : 710 S White Chapel Boulevard, Southlake7 beds, 6.3 baths
- $6,700,000 : 1112 Post Oak Place, Westlake4 beds, 5.4 baths
- $5,995,000 : 670 S Peytonville Avenue, Southlake6 beds, 6.3 baths
- $5,500,000 : 4615 Rendon, Fort Worth0 beds, 0 bath
- $5,490,000 : 1900 Shady Oaks Drive, Southlake5 beds, 5.2 baths
- $4,995,000 : 1750 Trace Bella Court, Westlake5 beds, 5.4 baths
- $4,900,000 : 8055 Eagle Mountain Circle, Fort Worth5 beds, 4.2 baths
- $4,699,000 : 1501 Shady Oaks Lane, Westover Hills4 beds, 4.1 baths
- $4,499,000 : 4657 Benavente Court, Fort Worth7 beds, 7.2 baths
- $4,495,000 : 701 Alta Drive, Fort Worth6 beds, 6.2 baths
- $4,394,942 : 7212 John Mccain Road, Colleyville5 beds, 5.3 baths
- $4,000,000 : 10298 Western Oaks Road, Fort Worth0 beds, 0 bath
- $4,000,000 : 10298 Western Oaks Road, Fort Worth3 beds, 2.1 baths
- $4,000,000 : 2325 Oak Knoll Drive, Colleyville5 beds, 4.1 baths
- $3,999,995 : 6721 FOXPOINTE Road, Fort Worth4 beds, 4.1 baths
- $3,995,000 : 2000 Brazos Court, Westlake4 beds, 4.1 baths
- $3,995,000 : 2102 Cedar Elm Terrace, Westlake5 beds, 6.2 baths
- $3,995,000 : 2200 NW Green Oaks Boulevard, Arlington6 beds, 8.1 baths
- $3,950,000 : 2906 Shadow Drive W, Arlington4 beds, 6.1 baths
- $3,950,000 : 3716 N White Chapel Boulevard, Southlake8 beds, 8.4 baths
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 9/19/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.