University Park originated in 1915 as a community of housing provided for students and faculty of the nearby Southern Methodist University. By 1924 the community had grown too large to be supported by the university and the city was incorporated. Also the location of the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the town is a favorite among families and individuals looking for University Park, TX homes for sale.
The population of University Park has held steady at just under 24,000 for many years. The median household income is $146,848 and the median house or condo value is $929,138. There is a wide variety of housing choices available to people looking at University Park, TX homes for sale. The city is located approximately 5 miles north of the thriving metropolis of Dallas, and University Park residents have easy access to the many restaurants, shopping venues and entertainment enterprises in Dallas.
Wide Array of Activities
University Park attractions include places like the African American Museum, Cedar Hill State Park, the Museum of Nature and Science, Cleburne State Park and the Little Chapel-in-the-Woods. Hiking, picnicking and boating activities abound at the city’s 8 beautiful parks. People looking for University Park, TX homes for sale have many options available to them and homes in the community are convenient to state-of-the-art cultural, entertainment and retail centers as well as all of the events and activities happening regularly at Southern Methodist University. Major attractions nearby include the Dallas World Aquarium, Dallas Zoo, Fort Worth Botanical Garden and the famous Southfork Ranch.
The Holmes Aquatic Center
Another one of the major attractions for people looking at University Park, TX homes for sale is the spectacular Holmes Aquatic Center located within Curtis Park. The center features a 160 foot swimming pool, numerous diving boards of varying heights and a thrilling water slide. Local children enjoy their own pool as well as a 1,500 square foot “sprayground.” The aquatic center is available for use by all residents of University Park, and they have access to all 6 tennis courts that are located throughout the community as well.
Highland Park Statistics
Highland Park has an extremely low crime rate and approximately 10% of the population walks or bikes to work. The community has an abundance of beautiful golf courses, unique restaurants and state-of-the-art movie theaters. Over 80% of the residents have health insurance and the median age of the residents is 33 years. Half are married and 90% have a college education. Temperatures range from the 90s in the heat of summer to the 30s in the dead of winter and yearly rainfall averages 37 inches.
CNN Money magazine has named University Park the number 1 place for people who are rich and single to live. With a variety of University Park, TX homes for sale, there is something available for successful singles of all ages. University Park is divided in half by an actual Lover’s Lane, and the beautiful suburban Dallas town has much to offer individuals and families looking for a new Texas home. Use the search feature on this website to find the home of your dreams.
Search the MLS for University Park, TX Homes for Sale
- Lot Size41,382 sqftHome Size9,425 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size15,681 sqftHome Size9,137 sq ftBeds7 bedsBaths9.1 baths
- Lot Size9,147 sqftHome Size6,671 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size11,194 sqftHome Size6,886 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.3 baths
- Lot Size13,111 sqftHome Size7,666 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size11,282 sqftHome Size7,545 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size10,497 sqftHome Size6,454 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size10,497 sqftHome Size6,833 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size9,975 sqftHome Size6,610 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6 baths
- Lot Size10,497 sqftHome Size5,734 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size10,497 sqftHome Size6,511 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size10,497 sqftHome Size6,672 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths4.3 baths
- Lot Size11,891 sqftHome Size7,118 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size22,999 sqftHome Size6,727 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size11,891 sqftHome Size7,330 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size15,420 sqftHome Size9,272 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths6.2 baths
- Lot Size13,590 sqftHome Size6,086 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size13,198 sqftHome Size7,303 sq ftBeds6 bedsBaths6.1 baths
- Lot Size10,497 sqftHome Size6,075 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths6.1 baths
- Lot Size11,194 sqftHome Size5,733 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size10,497 sqftHome Size6,600 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.2 baths
- Lot Size10,802 sqftHome Size5,419 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths4.2 baths
- Lot Size9,888 sqftHome Size6,088 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.1 baths
- Lot Size11,194 sqftHome Size6,100 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths5.3 baths
- Lot Size10,715 sqftHome Size5,111 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths4.1 baths
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 12/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.